Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 Ingredient Oatmeal

 My favorite breakfast that I eat almost every morning is oatmeal. Oatmeal is one of the healthiest foods can possibly eat. Oats are rich in fiber, minerals, and high in calories. Along with that, the fat content of oats are high, which is great when you follow a low fat vegan diet. One of the great things about oatmeal is all the variety that goes into making oatmeal a unique and special dish. Most days, I like to keep it with the simple recipe listed below.




4 Ingredient Oatmeal

- 4 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1 Sliced Apple
- A Few Dashes of Cinnamon
- *4 Cups of Water (Feel free to add soy milk or almond milk)*


I added all of these ingredients to my Instant Pot. Be sure to add the oats and cinnamon before pouring in the water. This will make the oats and cinnamon mix much better than putting the water in before the oats or cinnamon. Any kind of apple works great with this oatmeal, I usually just buy whichever apples are the least expensive at the store.



Rolled oats cook up great. The nutritional value of rolled oats is nearly the same as steel cut oats and whole oat grains. Steel cut oats will need to be cooked much longer than rolled oats, that is why I prefer using rolled oats for the most part.

Nothing picks me up as much as a nice bowl of oatmeal every morning. Plenty of calories can be found in oatmeal and the fiber keeps you going all throughout the day. On the side I may eat a piece of citrus like grapefruit if I have any on hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Mat (owner of VeganKitchenAppliances.com) reviews all comments to prevent spam. Check back in a day or two if you posted a question.