Thursday, January 9, 2014

NutriBullet: Differences between 600 and 900



Is it worth upgrading to the NutriBullet Pro 900 Series if you already have an older model of the NutriBullet? What exactly are the differences between between the NutrBullet models? What are the cost differences between the models?

All these questions and more will be answered in this blog post.

Is it worth upgrading to the NutriBullet 900 S?

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes do it. The NutriBullet Pro 900 Series offers 900 watts of power now. Compared to the 600 series, this is 300 more watts of power. The motor in the 900 series is far more powerful in the latest model of the NutriNullet. 

My biggest discovery of the NutriBullet 900 S was that it can make great green smoothies. I always had trouble in my previous models of NutriBullet while trying to make green smoothies because tiny leafy green chunks would be leftover. Nothing in the world annoys me more than trying to drink tiny sold fragments in my smoothies. With the 900 S, I never have had this problem. For this reason alone, I recommend the upgrade.


Another great benefit of the stronger motor is that hummus and bean dips come out much smoother. Again, I hate finding unprocessed chick peas when I eat hummus. I like the silky smooth consistency of hummus made in high power blenders. The NutriBullet makes the consitency I like with the 900 S model. 

One final benefit of the 900 S is that it includes a 32oz cup. This will allow for big smoothies to be made if I ever really want to make a lot at one time. This is useful if I am ever making a drink for multiple people at a time. 

Cost

At Amazon.com, the cost of the most popular NutriBullet model is less than $110 at Amazon. The NutriBullet 900 S is currently running in the range of $150-$160. For a 300 watt difference, I find the $50 difference is worth the upgrade. You get bigger blender cups too. 

If you are still wondering where to buy the NutriBullet, read my blog post on the topic: Where is the Best Place to Buy the NutriBullet?

Still Wanting More Information? 

Feel free to read my review of the NutriBullet Pro 900 S.

By Mat McNeile

18 comments:

  1. I had been wondering how the two models compared. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your input. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the 300w but now I'm getting the 900w.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great blenders, but anyone wanting to make green smoothies should go with the 900 Series. I am sure you will love the NutriBullet.

      Delete
  4. Will the faster motor cause oxidation and destroy enzymes? (which is the benefit I'm looking for).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the faster motor in the NutriBullet 900 will not destroy enzymes.

      Vitamix Blenders and other high speed blenders operate at even higher speed and do not cause oxidation nor do they destroy enzymes.

      Oxidation will occur in smoothies if you leave them sitting out for too long. In refrigeration, this means you have about 24 hours in the fridge.

      Delete
  5. How we'll does it chop the ice if I include? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the Original NutriBullet and the NutriBullet 900 will chop ice. The NutriBullet 900 does a better job at chopping the ice since it has a higher power motor.

      If you are wanting to chop ice for smoothies, you should not have a major problem with either blender. If you are wanting chopped ice for an icy drink to serve to multiple people, go with the NutriBullet 900 since it comes with the 32 oz Blending Cup.

      Delete
  6. i'm still trying to research the nutribullet to work out if i want one. i'm attracted to it's portability, smallness and seeming ease of use and cleaning.
    i like to eat a lot of finely cut or grated raw foods.
    let me tell you what i would like to be able to do;
    make almond and other nut milks,
    grate parmesan cheese,
    grind sugars and grains into fine powders (like icing sugar),
    grind my own flours on demand,
    make nut butters,
    make dips,
    make dips containing cheese and nuts,
    make dressings and sauces,
    blend soups,
    maybe make like fruity dream (a thermomix specialty),
    grind cacao nibs and beans,
    kinda turn raw veggies into smallish chunky chopped salads,
    hmmm - what else LOL,
    and - of course smoothies.

    I've long longed for a thermomix but if this machine can do all of the above - and take being used several times a day - then I'm in!!
    and all this with minimum enzyme breakdown or other destruction of nutritional factors in foods.
    it's bin hard trying to get all these answers.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaahda, your plan sounds great.

      However, I can not say that the Nutri Bullet will be able to do all those things for you. In particular, making nut butters and nut milks in the Nutri Bullet will not be that easy. Also, the Nutri Bullet can not make hot soups (it may be able to blend soup bases though).

      If you are looking for a blender to do all of that with no problems at all, you can not go wrong with a VItamix.

      If you want a powerful and versatile blender for a low cost, I think the Dash Chef Series Blender will do a better job for what you want to get done. Below is my review of the Dash:

      http://www.vegankitchenappliances.com/2014/06/dash-chef-series-digital-blender-review.html

      Delete
  7. Can the replacement kit be used with the 900?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I am able to tell, the Classic NutriBullet and NutriBullet 900 use different blending cups/bases. Unfortunately it seems like the NutriBullet 900 is sorely lacking in replacement parts, whereas the NutriBullet 600 has a reliable replacement market on Amazon.

      Delete
  8. My english and american friends have telling me so much about the nutribullett, I'm desperate to get one!!!! How could I do that? In france they sale a pale copy of 250w... :( heeeeeelp :) and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check France's eBay, it looks like a few machines are up for sale there.

      Delete
  9. I appreciate you doing this comparison. I have a ninja and it really leaves tons of chunks behind. I would love to have an actual smoothie that is smooth for once. Glad I can get the 600 watt and not worry now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I use my Nutribullet 600 series cups with the 900 series base?

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m33oI2bM6w

    Nutribullet Black Extractor Blade of Prime 1000W Model Also fits the 600W and 900W Model

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Mat (owner of VeganKitchenAppliances.com) reviews all comments to prevent spam. Check back in a day or two if you posted a question.